14 Nov Job Opening: Development Manager
Development Manager Job Description
Battle Born Progress, through strategic communication efforts, empowers, engages and mobilizes Nevada voters to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. BBP is a 501(c)(4) non-partisan advocacy organization.
Institute for a Progressive Nevada educates, empowers and engages Nevadans to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. Our legal entity is Institute for a Progressive Nevada a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Job Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director and Deputy Director
Job Summary: The position of Development Manager is critical to the success of BBP/IPN. This role covers many tasks including but not limited to fundraising and data management for both organizations.
As the Development Manager you are responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
Management & Administration
- Create development plans for both organizations and manage the implementation of the plans. Manager will be responsible for ensuring proper benchmarks of both plans are met, and that the plan’s success is evaluated annually.
- Manage all fundraising data in our data management system, track monthly donor data, and track goals to actual according to our budget.
- Assist the Executive Director and Deputy Director with managing internal office operations, which may include payroll, benefits administration, invoices, accounting, staff or organizational contracts, annual registrations, reports and other administrative needs.
- Assist the Executive Director and Deputy Director with the management of the IPN and BBP Boards of Directors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of IPN and BBP’s fundraising programs
- Develop a fundraising program (both online and offline) to meet monthly and annual budget.
- Work with both the Executive Director and Deputy Director, to ensure that fundraising goals are achieved monthly and yearly.
- Develop creative and innovative new ways to fundraise both online and offline.
- Manage call time with the Executive Director and other staff members as needed.
- Create, manage, and research donor profiles for both organizations.
- Assist with various projects as required by the organization
- Major Donors
- Research, manage, develop, and retain major donors for both organizations and their profiles
- Identify new major donors to work with
- Work with Executive Director to identify major institutional contributors
- Manage all donor correspondence
- Monthly Donors
- Manage, grow, and retain monthly-donor program
- Identify potential monthly donors
- Create and update monthly donor profiles
- Oversee monthly donor’s information (i.e. credit card expirations, etc.)
- Create innovative methods (i.e. e-mails, text messages, social media) to garner new donors
- Develop a plan and manage all fundraising events in both Northern and Southern Nevada
- Plan and manage annual Celebrate Progress events
- Invite and confirm attendees for all fundraising events both online and offline
- Seek new grant opportunities, which incorporate and enhance the work done by the organization
- Assist the Executive Director and Deputy Director with the grant materials, additionally aiding with the midterm and final reports as required by the grantors
This is a communications and campaign-oriented position. Events will, at times, be scheduled in the evening and/or weekends. This position requires creativity and flexibility due to the fast-paced nature and mission of the organizations.
The Development Manager is a vital part of making the team functional and successful, and will take on a variety of roles as needs arise.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- Proven working experience in politics and fundraising
- Passion for promoting positive social change
- Ability to set and achieve goals independently and as a team
- Ability to motivate and engage with a group of passionate team of staff members, activists, and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to speak in public
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, and Apple products
- Knowledge and proficiency with fundraising platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is a plus
- Knowledge of social media tracking platforms, use of software to create infographics, flyers, and memes
- Reliable transportation and ability to work long hours in our office
Location: Southern Nevada office
Term: Salaried full-time position with benefits
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to our Las Vegas office at Annette@battlebornprogress.org no later than Friday, December 1, 2017.