24 Feb We are Hiring!
At Battle Born Progress and Institute for a Progressive Nevada we are hiring a Northern Nevada Gun Violence Prevention Organizer! The position information is below
Mission: Institute for a Progressive Nevada (IPN) educates, empowers and engages Nevadans to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed.
Mission: Battle Born Progress (BBP) through strategic communication, efforts empowers, engages and mobilizes Nevada voters to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed.
Job Title: Northern Nevada Gun Violence Prevention Organizer
Reports to: Institute for a Progressive Nevada and Battle Born Progress Senior Staff
Job Summary: The position of Northern Nevada Gun Violence Prevention Organizer will work with the staff of IPN and BBP, and collaborate closely with our community partners. The organizer’s main responsibility will be gun violence prevention advocacy, as well as helping IPN and BBP staff on other projects when necessary. This includes assisting external stakeholders with grassroots and grasstops organizing, mobilization efforts, and to support advocacy, education, and communications across the state.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continue building and creating new relationships with gun violence prevention advocates and maintain regular contact with them
- Assist and manage coalition building
- Assist in building out trainings for our rapid response team members and community partners
- Assist with the creation of messaging for activists
- Collect petitions to help grow our list and create a database of potential voters
- During the legislative session, assist in bill tracking, testifying, and what ever other staff members may need in Carson City
- Use new media and social media programs as a way to communicate with the community
- Provide message trainings in both Spanish and English when possible
- Engage the media when needed
- Recruit and engage new volunteers
- Plan and coordinate monthly events
- Work with the Silver State Voice Data Manager and the America Votes Data Manager to input all data in a weekly basis in both the VAN and IPN/BBP systems
- Provide weekly reports with specific numbers and data
- Passion for promoting positive social change
- Ability to set and achieve goals independently and as a team
- Ability to motivate and manage a group of passionate activists and volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills in both English and Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of social media platforms and the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is a plus.
- Reliable transportation and ability to work long hours
Location: Northern Nevada
Term: Grant funded position through December
Salary: Salaried full-time position plus monthly car and phone allowances. Health insurance offered.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to our Las Vegas office at email@example.com by close of business on 3/3/17