10 May Job Opening: Northern Nevada Part-Time Organizer
Northern Nevada Part-Time Organizer Job Description
Click here for a printable version
Battle Born Progress (BBP), through strategic communication efforts, empowers, engages and mobilizes Nevada voters to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. BBP is a 501(c)(4) non-partisan advocacy organization.
Institute for a Progressive Nevada (IPN), educates, empowers and engages Nevadans to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. Our legal entity is Institute for a Progressive Nevada a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Job Title: Northern Nevada Part-Time Organizer
Reports to: Institute for a Progressive Nevada and Battle Born Progress Staff
Job Summary: The position of Northern Nevada (part-time) Organizer will work with the senior staff of IPN and BBP and collaborate closely with our community partners. The organizer’s main responsibility will be to assist external stakeholders with grassroots and grasstops organizing and mobilization efforts and to support advocacy, education, and communications across the state in collaboration with our staff in Reno and Las Vegas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continue building and creating new relationships with community partners
- Assist and manage coalition building
- Assist in building out trainings for our rapid response team members and community partners
- Assist with the creation of messaging for activists
- Manage all grassroots organizing through a communications lens
- Collect petitions to help grow our list and create a database of potential voters
- Use new media and social media programs as a way to communicate with the community
- Provide message trainings in both Spanish and English when possible
- Engage the media when needed
- Recruit and engage new volunteers
- Plan and coordinate monthly events
- Creation of an organizing plan on various issues the organizations work on
- Lead planning efforts for the annual Progressive Summit and Progressive Youth Summit yearly
- Work with the Silver State Voice Data Manager to input all data on a weekly basis in both the VAN and IPN systems
- Provide weekly reports with specific numbers and data
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for promoting positive social change
- Ability to set and achieve goals independently and as a team
- Ability to motivate and manage a group of passionate activists and volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills in both English and Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge of social media platforms and the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is a plus.
- Reliable transportation and ability to work long hours and weekends
Location: Northern Nevada BBP/IPN Office
Salary: Salaried part-time position plus monthly car and phone allowances. Health insurance offered.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Annette@battlebornprogress.org by close of business on May 25, 2018.