16 Nov We are hiring for: Administrative Assistant!
Battle Born Progress (BBP), through strategic communication efforts, empowers, engages and mobilizes Nevada voters to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. BBP is a 501(c)(4) non-partisan advocacy organization.
Institute for a Progressive Nevada (IPN), educates, empowers and engages Nevadans to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. Our legal entity is Institute for a Progressive Nevada which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director and Deputy Director
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant supports the team by performing a wide range of administrative and office support activities to ensure both BBP and IPN operate efficiently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Executive Director and Development Manager to manage internal office operations
- Create and maintain organizational, filing, calendaring, and tracking systems
- Assist in grant tracking and reporting to board members, funders, and the general public
- Coordinate policy and procedure record-keeping and updates across both organizations and all team members
- Maintain both BBP and IPN business documents to include legal and financial records, employee files, and board documents
- Assist with bookkeeping, accounting, and financial/tax reporting
- Coordinate monthly accounts payables and manage payroll
- Schedule Board meetings and coordinate document preparation and distribution to attendees
- As needed, participate in fundraising activities, including event planning, pledge invoicing, and donor communications
- As needed, assist with program, media, and organizing responsibilities to include phone-banking, texting, developing social media collateral, and supporting event staff
- Assist Technology Director with data management
- Manage general office duties to include: calendaring, copying, filing, processing mail, maintaining office supplies, and coordinate office equipment and facilities maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in communications and politics
- Ability to manage databases and other record-keeping systems
- Passion for promoting positive social change
- Ability to set and achieve goals independently and with the team
- Ability to motivate and manage a group of passionate staff members, activists, and volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to speak in public and to the media
- Proficiency in both Google Docs and MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is a plus
- Knowledge of social media tracking platforms (Buffer), use of software to create infographics, flyers, and memes (Canva), and texting platforms (Hustle) is a plus
- Reliable transportation and ability to work long hours in our office/working from home
Location: Southern Nevada office
Term: Salaried full-time position with benefits
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and writing sample to our Las Vegas office at Annette@battlebornprogress.org by November 30, 2020 (you MUST email all documents to be considered).
BBP/IPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and everyone is encouraged to apply.