16 Nov We are hiring for: Storybank Organizer!
Story Bank Organizer
Battle Born Progress (BBP), through strategic communication efforts, empowers, engages, and mobilizes Nevada voters to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. BBP is a 501(c)(4) non-partisan advocacy organization.
Institute for a Progressive Nevada (IPN), educates, empowers, and engages Nevadans to build a state where everyone has a fair opportunity to succeed. Our legal entity is Institute for a Progressive Nevada which is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Job Title: Story Bank Organizer
Reports to: Communications Director
Job Summary: The position of Story Bank Organizer will work to find, identify, and engage fellow Nevadans on the issues of the day through story collection and promotion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct community organizing to identify people that can share their stories to advocate for the issues they care about.
- Continue building and creating new relationships with various partner organizations & advocates across the state related to all the issues that BBP/IPN works on and maintain regular contact with them.
- Build a story bank infrastructure to be used for tracking each storytellers’ development and for quickly accessing stories for traditional and social media tactics.
- Create and maintain an archive of stories & their associated content.
- Create consent and media release forms for storytellers to be used while collecting stories.
- Use culturally competent and sensitive techniques in discovering and collecting stories and interviewing prospective storytellers.
- Engage storytellers on an ongoing basis to coach and develop them as trusted messengers.
- Assist in leading training sessions for storytellers, our rapid response team members, and community partners.
- Assist with the creation and dissemination of messaging for activists.
- Use new media and social media programs as a way to communicate with various communities.
- Provide message training in both Spanish and English when possible.
- Engage the members of the press when needed.
- Work with the America Votes/State Voices Data Managers to input data as needed.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on goal metrics with specific numbers and data.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Proven working experience in communications and/or political organizing
- Passion for promoting positive social change
- Ability to set and achieve goals independently and as a team
- Ability to motivate and manage a group of passionate staff members, activists, and volunteers
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to speak in public and to the media
- Experience in working with Nevada media outlets preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is a plus
- Knowledge of social media tracking platforms, use of software to create infographics, flyers, and memes (Canva)
- Reliable transportation and ability to work long hours in our office/from home
Location: Southern Nevada office
Term: Salaried full-time position with benefits – position is grant-funded
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and writing sample to our Las Vegas office at Annette@battlebornprogress.org by November 30, 2020 (you MUST email all documents to be considered).
BBP/IPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and everyone is encouraged to apply.